Ecuador’s rich heritage has been well preserved in the nations many museums. We have assembled a comprehensive list of Ecuador’s top museums, including their hours of operation, addresses, and phone numbers, to help travellers discover the country’s exciting history.
We have organized the museums by province and city. Select the province(s) you will be traveling to and then scroll down until you find the city you will be visiting. Unfortunately, not all of Ecuador’s provinces have museums, but the one’s that do are listed here.
Museums by province:
- Azuay Museums (Cuenca, Ingapirca…)
- Bolívar Museums (Guaranda…)
- Carchi Museums (San Gabriel, Tulcan…)
- Chimborazo Museums (Riobamba…)
- Esmeraldas Museums (Esmeraldas…)
- Guayas Museums (Guayaquil)
- Imbabura Museums (Ibarra, Otavalo…)
- Loja Museums (Loja…)
- Manabí Museums (Portoviejo, Manta…)
- Pichincha Museums (Quito…)
- Tungurahua Museums (Ambato, Baños…)
Enjoy your walk through Ecuador’s fascinating history and, please, let us know if you discover a museum that we’ve forgotten.
Painting of Carlos III.